Friday, July 11, 2008

Love is brewing

Isn't that the cutest sentiment? Taylor is hostessing her weekly cupcake challenge and here is my version of this weeks sketch. No cupcake, but my second favorite item to stamp. COFFEE!!

I love all of the cute sentiments and styles of cups. We drink alot of hot beverages here in Alaska. So I have a large collection of coffee themed stamps, paper, etc. Plus brown is one of my favorite colors. I know how boring does that sound. But, I have loved it long before it was in fashion. :) The paper is from Memory Box's new release. I paper pieced the coffee cup. But, added another dimension. I also stamped on the cup onto a transparency and layered it on top of the paper pieced stamped image. I was going for the look of a glazed cup. I also used pop dots to raise the cup off the saucer to add more dimension. I am really pleased with the way it turned out.

Recipe: Pattern paper: Memory Box; Cardstock: Stampin' Up!; Ribbon: Martha Stewart; Transparency sheets: Office supply; Metal embellishment: Close to my heart; Stamps: Close to my heart (coffee mug & steam) & Papertrey (sentiment); Ink: StazOn (Timber Brown); Adhesive: Glue Arts Vellum Sheets and Xyron adhesive runner.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Very cute! I love how you tied your sentiment onto the ribbon! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge!

Shirley Pando said...

Elizabeth,
I have nominated you for an award...head on over to my blog at http://shirleypando.blogspot.com/2008/07/i-have-award.html
and play along if you can.
:D