Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day!

So proud to have a wee bit o' the Irish in my blood. If you know me it is probably pretty obvious. ;)
Today's technique is how to make your own scallop edge using a corner rounder. I am using the EK Success medium corner rounder with the guard removed, Bazzill cardstock and my WRMK Crop-a-dile for an added accent.
Make your first punch at the edge of your paper.
Line up your punch so that the far left, upper corner of the 'rounder' part is overlapping the already punched part of the last scallop. (Clear as mud?) Click on the photo to enlarge it to see the detail.
This is what your scallop line will look like. I haven't figured out how to make the corners look as uniform as I would like. If you know the 'trick' to do this please share here. :)
I used the small punch on my Crop-a-dile to add a punch to the center of each scallop. Gives it a bit more detail.
I hope this helps a bit. It is probably easier to see a demo of this, but I need to learn how to do the video tutorials first. :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Thank you for this tip...I've always wondered how to do this...I had the wrong corner rounder!