Friday, February 8, 2008

How Sweet!
























I think these two projects are so sweet for Valentine's Day goodies. The little bag I am just in love with. I have been messin' around with felt for about a month now. Sewing it, cutting it, embossing it, etc. This little bag was so easy to stitch together. I used the blanket stitch tutorial from here (http://annamariahorner.blogspot.com/2006/12/cozy-up-with-blanket.html). And the rest is my own creation. :) I have been playing with some popular color combinations. Tell me what you think. The post it note holder is a sweet little something for teachers or co-workers. I bought the patterned post it's at Michaels and found a tutorial here (http://chicnscratch.typepad.com/chic_n_scratch/2008/01/post-it-note-ho.html). I love finding inspiration and tutorials from all the other creative ladies out there. They are so gracious to share. Okay, and it doesn't hurt that I have been sewing since I was a kid. I hope these have inspired you in some way to make a sweet little something for someone you care about. :)


Oh, and one shot of our pooch, Max. He just turned 6 last week. He has a new doggie bed in the front entryway. He loves being in the house, but it is a tad too warm for him. Even though it looks sunny it is only 7 degrees outside. I have the heat cranked up, because someone in our house (little miss Marissa) won't keep anything but a pull-up on for more than 10 minutes. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love your felt projects! I am really getting into felt applique! We miss seeing you and Becky!! Kim